Cooke is committed to building global leaders of tomorrow. We are already dedicated to developing strong readers and writers, but we want to appeal to our S.T.E.M. learners as well. We are actively investing in new activities and initiatives to foster future Scientists, Technologists, Engineers, and Mathematicians. We encourage families and the community to embrace our new S.T.E.M. programs.
Cooke S.T.E.M. Academy offerings…
- Daily online reading practice individualized to each student’s needs through Imagine Learning
- Daily online math practice to improve mental math skills through Big Brainz
- Personalized online reading libraries through myOn
- Weekly computer lab time for K-2 to develop independent technology skills at an early age
- Hands on science activities for small group investigations
- Technology infused lessons to support content lessons and extend learning
- Robotics programming and coding skills for 2nd-6th
- Exposure to community leaders and careers through STEM events
- Go Green Challenges to promote Recycling and Conservation
- Monthly S.T.E.M. based writing topics
- Monthly S.T.E.M. Home Challenges to promote family involvement
- And more to come!