Cooke is committed to building global leaders of tomorrow. We are already dedicated to developing strong readers and writers, but we want to appeal to our S.T.E.M. learners as well. We are actively investing in new activities and initiatives to foster future Scientists, Technologists, Engineers, and Mathematicians. We encourage families and the community to embrace our new S.T.E.M. programs.
Cooke S.T.E.M. Academy offerings…
- One to One laptop devices and SMART boards for all Kindergarten through 6th grade classes
- Daily online math practice to improve mental math skills through IXL
- Weekly online reading and math practice individualized to each student’s needs through i-Ready
- Personalized online reading libraries through myOn
- Small group intervention within the classrooms
- Hands on science activities for small group investigations
- Technology infused lessons to support content lessons and extend learning
- Robotics elective course for 3rd-6th grade
- 21st Century Community Learning Center After-School STEM Program
- Monthly S.T.E.M. Home Challenges to promote family involvement
- And more to come!